Fixing the Kastelan Robots - WIP

So, last Sunday I sat down and started to convert the Kastelan Robots. Fortunately, this conversion isn't so time consuming, so it's nearly done. On to the pics~!

First up, I began my work on the greenstuff.



Secondly, when the greenstuff was dry, I sand the eyes and cut up some plasticard.

 

Time to chop up some bolts.


They have five bolts on each side. I made just three at first but that looked awkward.

Current result:

I think I do need to sand the greenstuff a bit more otherwise all the folds and scratches will be visible through the paint. Last thing to do; the air vents. That shouldn't be too difficult but I have to carve my way through the plastic with a plastic cutter though. So, I hope I won't screw up and damage the model. Oh well, care is needed then.

Anyways, the assault squad for the competition is finished painting wise and will base them this Friday. Then I'll finish my work on the Kastelans and then they are ready to get assembled. I also hope to buy the remaining kits for my Skitarii and plan a time schedule to get them all assembled and primed. But some projects need to be finished first (I'm looking at you Huron...).

So a little peek in the future (not in order of completion as they probably run simultaneously):
  • Finish my first vow of the competition of Bolter & Chainsword (one half nearly done);
  • Finish the Waaagh! Black'eart project;
  • Start and finish a possible second vow for the comp before August the 1st;
  • After those three, kick off the Skitarii project.
My goal is to finish the Skitarii this year. Then they'll be out of the way and I can continue my work on the rest of the armies. *sigh* so many things on the plate, so little time.

Till the next update guys, I'm out!

Comments

  1. Looks very promising. I'm very curious to see the endresult :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy! You've got some good skills with the greenstuff. The only problem with that stuff is once you start using it, you want to use it on everything, and a model without just doesn't feel complete! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any more progress on these? Really keen to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts